So, now it's my turn to reveal some layouts and projects I made with the beautiful April kit of the month, Purple Haze. The first thing I always create is the kit sketch. As always, Beggahuna does not fail to disappoint with her lovely sketch. This was a really fun one to create using a picture of my daughter during her senior photo shoot.
Here's the beautiful sketch.
My take on the sketch.
The wooden butterflies were painted with Art Alchemy in Silver Spoon then stamped with a newsprint stamp in Archival blank ink. Some random stamping was added to the background paper. The resin piece was dry brushed with Artisan Powder to bring out more of the detail. I added some flowers from the kit and my stash. The doily is a diecut from my stash. The vines are a die from a previous die add on. I scattered some Tim Holtz mirrored hearts on the page as a final touch.
Next, I will share my OTP project featuring the embroidery hoop. I did a video tutorial that I hope to share with you a little later on how I made this canvas.
The chipboard piece is mounted on the embroidery hoop so I could create a 3D floral arrangement inside the hoop. I added some random stamping to the background paper and distressed it before adhering it to the canvas. A piece of the Baroque mold is included in flower cluster under the chippie title. The chicken wire chippie is a Dusty Attic special order from Swirlydoos.
Now, since we featured Blue Fern Studio papers this month I played along with the monthly Blue Fern Studio sketch. Here's my interpretation of their sketch.
I added a Baroque mold piece to the upper corner of this layout after dry brushing it with Artisan powder. The flowers are from the kit and my stash. The white flowers were sprinkled with gold embossing powder. The rustic stars are a rummage sale find. The flowers are cut using the Prima Forest leaves die. I added a Creative Embellishments chippie.
So, now it's on to the monthly SGC hosted by Peggy this month. She asked us to do some "spring cleaning" by using some trash to create a treasure. I liked her toilet paper album because it is something I have always wanted to try. After saving some TP rolls I created a small album about my sweet Cody.
The wooden butterfly was stained with Tim Holtz distress stain then sprinkled with some micro beads. The wooden flower was also stained with TH stain.
I cut one of the TP rolls in half to create two tags.
Here's the back of the mini-album and the backs of the tags.
Well, I saw this idea on Pinterest to create a card with a TP roll so I had to try it.
Here's my creation.
Here's the front of the card. Again, a wooden butterfly stained with Timmy stain and sprinkled with some micro beads. Flowers were from my stash. The purple leaves were from the purple trim included in the main kit.
Here's the card opened up. There's a little pocket to slide in a gift card or small tag.
A peek at the back shows the easel stand that tucks into the card when it's closed. I think I will make more of these in the future. It was a fun little project.
Now, I would like to share my entry into Cindy's challenge. She asked us to create something outside our comfort zone. So, I created a card. I got the idea from cruising around Pinterest so this is not my original creation.
Here's a short video to show you how the card flips open. It's a bit addicting!
Well, if you know me then you know that I love the All that Flutters challenge. I try to do it every month. Here's my entry for April.
Just a little picture of Jax when I went to visit him at the kennel. He was still too young to come home with me.
Here's one just for fun. Lots of flowers on this one!
I warned you! I just wanted to use all those lovely Petaloo velvet blooms and the pretty rust colored flowers. The cream Prima flowers are from the Swirlydoos store. The large Prima flower is from my stash. I added some Prima Forest leaves and some more of the rustic stars from my stash. The Creative Embellishments chippie from my stash was cut into three pieces, Glimmer misted and tucked into the flowers. I sprinkled some glass beads on for a final touch.
And, here's one more that I just finished last night. My hubs and I with his daughter at Big Daddy Weave concert earlier this month. Lots of purple here.
The Dusty Attic chippies were stained with Tim Holtz stain and then sprinkled with microbeads. I dug out some blooms left over from past Swirlydoos kits to add to the remain flowers from this kit. tfl!
These are Design Team projects I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club. If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Jan) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!