Monday, May 23, 2011

Round Robin #5

Finally! I did some scrapping. Wow, it has been a long time. I wasn't even sure I would get to finish today as our electricity went out while I was trying to finish my lo.

I made the big flower using the Tattered Florals die by TH and then followed Lisa G's tutorial. The other flowers are Petaloo with a few Prima buds thrown in for fillers. The chicken wire stamp is Prima. All the pp is from the May Swirlydoos kit. The picture of Kayla and me was taken last Labor Day while we were at Lake of the Ozarks. (Btw, I drove there this weekend and somehow still managed to work 21 hours at my pharmacy.) tfl!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dock Dogs

This one is so not my style but was done as a birthday gift by request.

The lo was framed in a 12x12 shadow box from HL. I used pp and embellishemnts from the LYB. The ribbons were the real deal from a Dock Dogs competition held earlier this year. tfl.

One more Deconstruction

I should have been studying for finals but this was so much fun! Here's another cb piece that I soaked for 15 minutes in water so I could tear it apart. This is a Dusty Attic (DA) piece. I noticed that the DA pieces are better quality cb so make sure you soak them for the full 15 minutes.

For this piece I only separated the wings and her hair. Again,  I covered the entire piece with gesso and sprinkled with Fairy Dust (how appropriate!). Then I used various colors of GM and Smooch on her wings. I inked the edges of her body with Chestnut Roan and the GM'd her body. The flower was painted with Smooch. I think that about covers it. tfl!

More Chipboard Deconstruction

As promised, here are the MR angel wings.

This one also separated into two pieces. I hit it with some gesso, several colors of GM and Smooch. Then sprinkled with Fairy Dust and added some TH distress stickles. I already have an idea for this piece. tfl!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chipboard Alterations

I will do anything to avoid studying! You know, the house needs to be cleaned, floors swept and mopped, laundry needs to be done. Heck! I even need to wash the rugs and clean the bathrooms.

Well, I did all of that and actually did some studying. Thank goodness this is the last semester of finals because I am burnt out. Soooo, now the house is clean. What else can I do besides study? Leave it to me to step into paradise (a.k.a. my scrap room). Shona found this idea and shared it at Swirlydoos so I decided to give it a whirl today.

Here's the before and after:

What a great way to alter your cb and add some dimension to a lo! To make this flower I soaked the cb in water for 15 minutes then proceeded to separate the cb layers. I did two different cb pieces and they both separated into two pieces. Then I continued to peel apart  the layers of each piece. I dried the separate pieces with my heat gun which helped them to curl up a bit. Then I hit them with several colors of GM. I dabbed the edges with several colors of Smooch then used Zip Dry to put the layers back together. I alternated the petals as I glued the layers back together. I put some glitter glue in the center. I used my McGill Sunburst punch to punch five pieces that were layered to create the center. The Petaloo leaf was the finishing touch! I am working on a MR piece next and will post when I am done. tfl!