Here's another lo created from the Shabby Ambition kit from Swirlydoos. This is an adorable picture of my dn and dn while they were in NM this summer.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Well, it has been awhile since I have posted so here's another one for today. My sister came out again last weekend and you know what that means-we scrap. Here's one that I finished while I was waiting for her to show up.
I used Shabby Ambition from Swirlydoos to complete this lo. The lo is based on Beggahuna's August sketch. I used the Tattered Florals TH die for the large flower. Yes, you heard me right. I got my grubby little hands on that hard to find TH die. The other flowers are all Prima from a current or past Swirlydoos kit.
These pictures were taken back in 2000 when "The Three Musketeers" were together. Dauvida, Roger, and I had some wonderful times together with and without our kids. This Easter I invited everyone to come to an early Easter egg hunt before we headed off to church. My dd is wearing a dress that I made for her. Check out the hair! I did not realize how much our hairstyles and clothing had changed in just the last ten years.
I can't believe we have been doing this Swirlydoos challenge for seven months now! It is still my favorite challenge and I thank Meg and Robin for hosting this one every month. Here's my entry for August. I followed our talented DT member, Lisa.
This lo was created with pp, chipboard, and Prima from the current Swirlydoos kit. The cb was inked and stamped with a script background stamp. There is some sewing and distressing on this lo to add to the vintage flair. The MS punch adds a decorative edge below the photo of me. I used a Stampin' Up! stamp and fussy cut around it to create the frame behind "Beloved." Some leaves, pearls, Prima flowers, and a metal trinket are from my stash. I copied Lisa's idea to add handwriting around the outer edge of the large photo mat. tfl!
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Here's my entry for the Swirly Girls Challenge for the month of August. I used the Zutter to distress all the edges, then I used Robin's wet distressing technique but I used GM as suggested by another Swirly sister (Angelica, I think), then I used Lisa's rusted chipboard technique on the chipboard butterfly. I followed her technique and painted the chipboard first, then embossed with Puffs rather than distress embossing powder for my twist. Then I used my finger to rub off some of the Puffs to let the paint show through. All papers, bling and flower are from the latest Swirlydoos kit.
This is a photo of my Dad and me while we lived in the Philippines.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
There is another grunge contest at Swirlydoos. This contest is open to anyone so go check it out here. For this contest I scrapped one of my ds's football pictures. That is him, #14, diving for a tackle during last season. I used the Fragmented Frames to highlight this photo. The background is a 12 x 12 piece of cardboard that has been painted, GM'ed, and embossed with bronze embossing powder.
I took the title from a country music song about high school football and used it as my title, "The Boys of Fall." I added some TH grungeboard (the skull), TH linen tape, TH fragments, TH distress stickles, and some eyelets mounted backwards to finish the grunge look. tfl!