Friday, October 22, 2010

Round Robin #8

Wow! School and work are just too much right now! I am not getting in my scrap room near enough. Thank goodness for the Round Robin challenge this month which forced me to scrap a page. My lo was due this morning but I did not even start working on it until two hours ago! I had two papers to write before I could even think about scrapping. Anyway, here is my submission for October.

I was lucky to follow Tina and Sherri for this awesome RR. Thank you for the great work! I used the Lavender Escape kit from Swirlydoos and some Prima and bling from past kits to put this one together. The leaves are from my stash. I used Robin's water distressing technique to put this one together. This is my dd's freshmen school picture. tfl!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010


Here's my first project using the Steampunk kit from Swirlydoos. I altered an 8x8 canvas that I received in a past kit. All the papers are from the G45 Steampunk paper pack. I added some ZVA bling, a Prima flower, and tulle from past kits. The 7G bling gears were a RAK from Robin. I altered the DA dress form by using Smooch Spritz in gold then embossing with TH black embossing powder. The body was then covered in one of the papers. Modge Podge was used to adhere all papers to the canvas.

The saying is, "Woman was taken out of man; not out of his head to top him, nor out of his feet to be trampled underfoot; but out of his side to be equal to him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved.”

Friday, October 8, 2010

Altered Canvas

I picked up this 12x12 canvas in the clearance aisle at Michaels. It was calling my name last night so I altered it for a challenge over at Swirlydoos. The canvas was pretty loose on the frame and I was worried that I would have to pull the staples and stretch it. ugh! But, some of my Swirly sisters were talking about using Gesso to prime canvas so I used it on my canvas. It actually pulled the canvas tight around the frame and made a perfect background for stamping and inking.

One of the challenges this month is to use at least two pieces of Dusty Attic (DA) on your layout. I used the lamppost and the word "inspire" to complete this challenge. The lamppost was painted with metallic gold paint and then embossed with black embossing powder. Some of the embossed powder was rubbed off for a distressed look. Then I added vellum underneath the lamps and filled the lamps with Glossy Accents (GA) to make them look like glass. The "inspire" was painted with Tim Holtz (TH) crackle paint.

All of the papers and TH bookplate were from Robin as a prize for winning the Round Robin (RR) Challenge last month. Thank you again, Robin. The RAK was gorgeous! I added some lace and ribbon from my stash as well as past Swirlydoos kits. The Prima flowers and bling were from my stash and Robin as well as past Sdoos kits. The Prima leaves were from my stash. The key is a Tattered Angels (TA) embellie from a Sdoos kit. The canvas was inked with various TH distress inks and then stamped with a Prima stamp. I added the fence from Joanne's after painting it with TH crackle paint. So, here ya go!

I had been saving this canvas knowing I wanted to use a Bible verse on it but I was having a hard time deciding which verse to use. There were just too many that I liked! Anyway, this verse has been popping up a lot in my life lately so it only seemed fitting to use it. I hope it inspires you!

oops! I just noticed I cropped the poor bird's head off in the upper left corner of the picture.