Friday, September 5, 2014

Creative Blogger's Hop

I am way behind on posting my nomination for Creative Bloggers that I received from my Swirly sister, Kim Heard. You can visit her blog here. She is on the wonderful design team for my favorite scrap kit club Swirlydoos. According to Kim, this blog hop tour will allow us to meet new bloggers, get new inspiration and inspire our creativity. This hop is sure to get your mojo going! Here are the four questions I'm answering today.

1. What am I working on?

I am working on the September Swirly Girls Challenge and trying to keep one eye on my new puppy at all times as we work on potty training.

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Hmmm...I am truly a Swirly girl at heart. We have a certain style for sure. Lately I have scrapped a lot of photos of my fur baby, Cody. I do like to mix it up at times and do more grungy work. Here are some of my latest from that style.





3. Why do I create what I do?

I absolutely love to scrap! I have a huge room overlooking the lake with an attached sunroom so it is just a relaxing place to be. I love to turn on my music, drink a glass of wine, and scrap with my fur baby at my feet. I love to scrap pictures of my kids, my fur babies, and my dh. When the papers dictate, I will scrap my niece and nephews or heritage photos. I just love to play with my Swirly kits and create because it makes me happy and helps me remember good times.

4. How does your creating process work?

For me, I start with a challenge from Swirlydoos or a challenge that my sister and I have going on our Facebook page. Then, I start going through my latest Swirlydoos kit for papers and add the flowers and other embellies I want. Then, I decide on mixed media to put down for a base. After that, I start cutting, distressing, and inking the papers. The papers get placed, then flowers and embellies are placed around until I get the look I want. Then, before it all gets glued down, I go to the computer to search and edit the perfect picture or pictures. Believe it or not, I do not start my lo with a picture in mind. The picture is usually the last thing I decide. I like printing my pictures at home so I can adjust the size to suit my lo. After that, I just start putting it all together!

And, now to work on my nominations!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment