Sunday, October 18, 2015

Round Robin Week #3- Vintage Fall

Here's my entry for the Round Robin at Swirlydoos this month. This is a great challenge to help jump start your creativity. The challenge this month is to use fall colors, a mixed media medium that you have not used in awhile, add some texture (burlap, cardboard, etc.), and use a tutorial from Swirlydoos.

I followed Andie this month. She had a lot of flowers on her page and I loved that. Some of the flowers on my page have been in my stash over four years. Jax, my fluffy pup, even distressed some of them for me. He is such the scrapper!

I used Ferro in gold as my medium. I had not used it in awhile as some of my older bottles dried up. For texture I added a burlap banner. My tutorial was one posted by Ang. She showed us how to use paper strips distressed in different ways to add layers. I used distressed and edge punched strips along the outside of the background paper for some interest. 

Vintage Love

For the vintage twist I scrapped some picture of my parents before I was born. I hope they don't mind that I refer to their pictures as "vintage!"


No comments:

Post a Comment