Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meeting Allison

The March Swirlydoos kit arrived this Thursday much to my surprise! Of course, I had to oooo and aaahhh over it all! Thursday was the end of a very long week for me because I had three exams and worked four days in a row. Then, add to that another snowstorm on Monday-lovely driving conditions for an 8:30 a.m. exam. But, I was off to a jewelry party at a neighbor's house so no playing Thursday night. Finally got to sit down and play on Saturday. So, here is my take on the sketch for this month. I used the last of the pictures from the day my dd was born fourteen years ago. Everything is from the kit except the Prima "Say it in Pearls" and Prima leaves.  I even used the Prima packaging as a photo mat and the packaging from some Making Memories as a journal tag. The chipboard swirls were painted with TH crackle paint and the chipboard letters were inked then covered with TH Rock Candy.
These are the last photos of my dd. Here my nephew was meeting her for the first time. My mom and dad brought him up to visit in the hospital. Wonder what he was thinking!

I am off to play again. We have a Round Robin challenge over at Swirlydoos. The first week someone posts a layout and then each week a different person will lift the layout and post their version. So it is kind of like playing telephone. The first layout may look nothing like the last one or they may look very similar. It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with. It is my week to post a lift so I better get to it! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment