Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Swirlydoos

Okay, this layout was for a challenge at Swirlydoos. I did miss the deadline because I was not able to get my picture printed in time to do the layout. The challenge occurred during the month that Patrick Swayze died so I wanted to do a layout about him. Without embarrassing myself I won't get into what the challenge involved. Just let me say it was supposed to be a layout about someone we considered good-looking and leave it at that! So, here's my entry.
Journaling reads: Patrick Swayze


August 18, 1952 – September 14, 2009

I had a crush on this wonderful American actor after my best friend and I saw him in Youngblood. What a hunk! We also saw him in The Outsiders, a movie our Language Arts teacher let us watch. Then came Dirty Dancing which made him a huge star. And, let’s not forget the TV series, The North and the South or the movies: Roadhouse, Point Break, or Ghost. I admire him for marrying the love of his life in 1975 and still being married to her when he died of pancreatic cancer in 2009. Unlike many famous people he never made a public spectacle of himself. He was working on a TV series, The Beast, which was cancelled after his death.

No comments:

Post a Comment