Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jan-Jan

Here's another lo created with Summer Serenity from Swirlydoos. It was for a challenge being hosted by Robin and is called "I'm a little bit vintage." The idea of the challenge is to scrap a baby picture of yourself and include what you were called as a baby.

When I was little people apparently thought my name was too short. My name is Jan. But people would call me Janet, Jane, or Janice when I first introduced myself. yuk! I was called Jan-Jan or Miss Jan by my family. Those names stuck and I liked them because that's what my Dad would call me. I am still a Daddy's girl; so Jan-Jan it is.


So, here's my take on it. I used pp from the kit and the Kaiser flowers. I layered the flat Kaiser flowers to make the pink buds. I used the TH pen to alter the color of bling so it matched the lo. Then I used TH crackle paint to alter the picket fence that I picked up at Joanne's. The Prima butterfly vine (minus the butterflies) was from a past kit. The doilie, vintage tag, and TH bookplate were from my stash.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so sweet! Love the pink you added to the kit and the fence is just perfect.
    Love it!
    http://www.myschnipselblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete